1930

The practice, one of the oldest in Perth, was established around 1930 in a doctors’ house. For over 55 years it was then located in the town house at 13 Rose Terrace by the North Inch Parkland. Due to the NHS not being born until 1948 the practice was initially a private practice charging patients. Old ledgers show amounts varied between  2 shillings and 6 pence to one patient in 1941 who paid over 6 pounds for a consultation .

1988

In December 1988 the practice renovated a single story “Lowfreeze” building on our current plot. Due to its new location the practice was then called Caledonian Road Medical Centre or Caley Road for short .

2001

This building met the practice needs until 2001. Then whilst the current modern two storey building was being built on the same site, the practice saw all of its patients out of portacabins!

Our purpose built surgery was then designed and constructed for the care and welfare of our patients.

We now operate from this two-storey building and the main reception area is on the ground floor. It is fully accessible to disabled patients. The surgery is close to the library and is convenient to public transport. Car parking, including disabled spaces, is available at the front of the building.

For several years the practice was known by many names, Caledonian Road Medical Centre, Dr Dunbar and Partners, The Medical Centre. Tayside Health Board had the practice’s name as The Medical Centre, however, the sign outside said Caledonian Road Medical Centre.

2016

So after much thought and planning, on the 1st February 2016 the practice was re-named Perth City Medical Centre.

All services remain the same with the addition of a new website which aims to be welcoming, easy to use and informative on all aspects of our medical centre . We hold a General Medical Services (GMS) contract with NHS Tayside, Ashludie Hospital, Dundee DD5 4HQ