Do you have any suggestions for us?

If you have any positive feedback, improvement suggestions or if you are dissatisfied with any aspect of our service, please contact Mrs Todd, Practice Manager, in the first instance.

Our practice follows NHS guidelines for dealing with complaints. Details of our complaints procedure can be read below or if you prefer, a paper copy can be obtained from the main reception area or downloaded.

How to lodge a complaint

We hope that most problems can be resolved easily and quickly but, in the event of you wishing to make a formal complaint, we ask that you do this in writing as soon as possible – ideally, within a matter of days or, at most, a few weeks – as this will allow us to establish what happened more easily. If this is not possible, please let us have details of your complaint:

  • Within six months of the incident that caused the problem or
  • Within six months of discovering that you have a problem, provided this is within twelve months of the incident.

Complaints should be addressed to Mrs C Todd, Practice Manager, or to any of the doctors.
You may request an appointment with the Practice Manager in order to discuss your concerns. She will explain the complaints procedure and will make sure the issue is dealt with promptly.

What we will do

We will acknowledge your complaint within two working days and aim to have investigated the circumstances within ten working days of the date you raised it with us. If the complaint is complex, the investigation may take a little longer. You will be kept fully informed.
We will:

  • Investigate fully the circumstances.
  • Enable you to discuss the problem with those concerned, if you wish to do so.
  • Where appropriate, ensure you receive an apology.
  • Identify what we can do to make sure the problem doesn’t happen again.

Complaining on behalf of someone else

Because of medical confidentiality, we have to know that you have the permission of the person on behalf of whom you are complaining. Wherever possible, a signed note from that person will be required.

Should you be dissatisfied with the practice response

If you are dissatisfied with the result of our practice investigation, you should contact;
The Scottish Public Service Ombudsman, Freepost EH641, EDINBURGH. EH3 0BR
Telephone 0870 011 5378